Why Shop Local?
Several Southern Illinois Chambers of Commerce have joined together to do what we do best – support local businesses this holiday season, but we need your help by Shopping Southern Illinois.
There are a lot of great reasons to spend your money around the corner and down the block:
- Local business owners hire locally. Their taxes help support essential services such as improving our roads and infrastructure, fire and police departments, schools other civic endeavors.
- Local business owners and their employees provide superior personal service and build relationships with their customers.
- Local business owners spend their money locally, supporting the growth of the local economy.
- Local businesses help make our towns and villages unique and vibrant, which in turn attracts more visitors and new residents and more businesses, helping our communities thrive and grow.
- Local businesses offer a wide variety of products and services at affordable prices without additional fees or travel and transport costs. They’re convenient, offering the goods that shoppers are looking for close by.
Click here to learn more about how to enter weekly Shop Southern Illinois give-a-ways: facebook.com/SHOPSOUTHERNILLINOIS
Shop Southern Illinois is a join venture of the Chambers of Commerce indicated below:
- Carbondale Chamber of Commerce
- Carterville Chamber of Commerce
- Du Quoin Chamber of Commerce
- Herrin Chamber of Commerce
- Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce
- Marion Chamber of Commerce
- Murphysboro Chamber of Commerce
- Nashville Chamber of Commerce
- Pinckneyville Chamber of Commerce
- Saline Country Chamber of Commerce
- Union County Chamber of Commerce