(WSIL) -- You love them all year long, but there's a special day set aside each year to show your pets how much you care.
February 20 is National Love Your Pet Day.
The holiday focuses on giving extra attention to our pets.
National Day Calendar has some ideas for celebrating:
- Bring your pet a special treat.
- Take an extra-long walk.
- Check that their vaccines are up to date.
- Watch a pet video with them full of cats, dogs and other critters.
- Give them a few extra strokes with the brush while grooming.
- Practice their favorite commands – sit, shake, rollover.
- Play their favorite game or bring out their best toy.
- Inspect their toys to make sure they’re in good shape. Throw out any broken toys.
- Wash their bedding, even if it’s not their laundry day. Let them fluff it up just the way they like it.
We asked for pictures of your special pet, and News 3 viewers did not disappoint!
From dogs and cats to pigs and horses, we received more than 850 submissions on social media. You can see all the cute pet pics here.
News 3 This Morning also highlighted some of the photos on air.