SALINE CO. (WSIL) -- A third Saline County resident has tested positive for the coronavirus COVID-19.
Egyptian Health Department says the third case is a woman in her 40s who is thought to have been exposed through community spread.
The health department says the woman is at home in isolation.
- 3 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Franklin and Williamson counties
- First confirmed case of COVID-19 in Pulaski County
- Jackson County man hospitalized with COVID-19
Health officials continue to investigate and are speaking with individuals who are deemed "potential close contacts."
According to the health department, close contacts may include individuals:
• Living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19
• Caring for a sick person with COVID-19
• Being within 6 feet of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 10 minutes
• Being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on, kissing, sharing utensils, etc.).