CARTERVILLE (WSIL) -- Nearly 70 new cases of COVID-19 were reported across southern Illinois Friday.
Approximately one-third of the new cases were in Jackson County, where health officials announced 25 additional people had tested positive for the coronavirus.
Currently, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is reporting a total of 178,837 cases, including 7,495 deaths in Illinois.
IDPH says seven southern Illinois counties are now at a "warning level" for COVID-19.
- One female in her 30s
To date, there have been 118 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Franklin County. Health officials say, of the positive cases, 59 have recovered.
- One male in his 30s
Egyptian Health Department says the man is at home in isolation. There have been 44 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Gallatin County.
- Female: One in her 20s, one in her 60s, one in her 70s and one in her 80s
- Male: One child
Hamilton County has had 24 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including one death. Health officials say 13 people are currently isolating at home. Ten others have recovered.
- Female: Two under ten, one teen, five in their 20s, one in her 30s, one in her 50s and one in her 80s
- Male: Two under ten, one teen, four in their 20s, three in their 30s, three in their 40s, and one in his 50s
On Friday, Jackson County Health Department announced 25 new cases of COVID-19. To date, there have been 613 confirmed cases in the county, including 19 related deaths. Currently, 150 active cases are being managed.
Jackson County is one of seven southern Illinois counties now at a COVID-19 warning status.
- Female: One in her 20s, one in her 40s, one in her 70s
- Male: One in his 20s, one in his 40s, one in his 50s, one in his 70s and one in his 80s
Jefferson County Health Department reported eight new positive cases Friday. To date, there have been 198 positive cases, including 14 deaths, in Jefferson County. There are 45 active cases currently in isolation.
- One male in his 30s
Johnson County has had 52 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Southern Seven Health Department says 27 cases are currently active.
- One new case
Randolph County has had 426 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including seven related deaths. Health officials say 37 individuals are currently recovering at home, while 382 others have been released to resume normal activity.
- Female: One in her teens, two in their 30s and two in their 70s
- Male: One under the age of 10, two in their teens, two in their 30s and one in his 70s
Eleven new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Saline County Friday. According to Egyptian Health Department, the county has had 103 confirmed cases, including one death.
- Female: One in her 50s
- Male: One in his teens and one in his 70s
Wayne County Health Department announced three new cases of COVID-19 Friday after reporting an additional five cases late Thursday night.
To date, there have been 42 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including one death, in Wayne County. One person is currently hospitalized and 14 others are isolating at home.
- Female: Four in their 20s, one in their 30s and two in their 40s
- Male: One teenager, two in their 20s, two in their 50s and one in their 60s
Thirteen new cases of COVID-19 were announced in Williamson County on Friday. The Franklin-Williamson Bi-County Health Department reports 312 confirmed cases, including five deaths, in the county. Of the positive cases, health officials say 175 have recovered.