CARBONDALE (WSIL) -- The SIU Salukis will play the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks October 30, one week later than previously announced.
The game, known as the "War for the Wheel," is now set for 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30 at Saluki Stadium.
According to Saluki Athletics, seating capacity for the game will be limited to 20 percent.
Due to the attendance restrictions, SIU Director of Athletics Liz Jarnigan said ticketing will be modified to include season-ticket holders, SIU students and player families only.
"We're excited to bring football back to our campus and community, and I'm confident in our ability to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for the fans who can attend the game," Jarnigan said. "In these trying times, sports provide a welcome break from the hardships we've all endured throughout the pandemic."
University officials say safety measures will include socially-distanced, assigned seating. Fans will be required to wear a mask or face covering upon entering the stadium but may remove it while eating or drinking.
Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the stadium.
Tailgating will not be permitted.
"I would like to thank Public Safety Director Ben Newman and his team for their close coordination with Athletics staff to devise our safety plan," Jarnigan said. "I urge our fans who attend the game to closely follow our Covid-19 protocols. Your cooperation will help ensure a safe environment and increase our ability to host games in the future."
The university says it may "re-assess" fan attendance if Jackson County should be placed at the Illinois Department of Public Health's COVID-19 warning level for more than two consecutive weeks.
Gates will open one hour before kickoff. Saluki Athletics is instituting a clear-bag policy for all of its home games.
- 20% stadium capacity to include season-ticket holders, students and player families.
- All season-ticket holders (purchased or renewed) as of Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 5 p.m. will receive tickets to the game. Tickets will be mailed to account holders the week of Oct. 19.
- Season-ticket holders will be re-seated, according to the number of tickets in each account, to accommodate social distancing.
- New season tickets are still available for $75 and guarantee a seat for all five SIU home games this season. Purchase online or call the ticket office at 618-453-1803.
- SIU student-ticket request period ends at 5 p.m. on Oct. 23. Students must pick up their tickets at the Banterra Center ticket window on Oct. 26-27 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. with student ID.
- Lot S parking passes will be mailed with SEMO game tickets.
- Lots U and C will be open parking.
- Lots open at 4:30 p.m.
- No tailgating
- Gates open at 5 p.m. Kickoff at 6 p.m.
- Clear Bag Policy
- Masks or facial coverings are required, except while eating/drinking.
- All stadium amenities (concessions, restrooms, first aid) will be available.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be available throughout the stadium.
- The north end zone berm will be closed to fans.
- The Stadium Club will be closed.
- Suite holders will be contacted directly regarding suite policies