CARTERVILLE (WSIL) -- Plenty of local businesses are hiring in this week's edition of Job Squad.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is hiring for Correctional Officers. Applications can be picked up at 911 Casey Ave in Mt Vernon. The deadline to apply is Monday, March 29 at 4 p.m. and testing will be on April 10th at 8:30 a.m. Call (618)-244-8004 for more information.
HireLevel in Marion is looking for Part-Time Bank Tellers for the Marion/Carbondale area. Responsibilities of the Bank Teller are Executing customer transactions such as receiving and paying out cash or other disbursements, cashing checks, accepting account deposits and withdrawals, processing night deposits and ATM transactions, and other duties as assigned. Pay is $12/hr Must have High School Diploma and a Valid Driver's License. For more information visit Hirelevel.com or call (618)-993-9675.
General Dynamic- Ordnance and Tactical Systems is looking for an Accountant 1 to join the team. This position will support the Finance Department with various financial responsibilities. To apply go to the companies website at www.gd-ots.com/careers.
Shawnee Express in Herrin is looking for CDL licensed drivers with at least two years of experience. Midwest freight on dry van trailers and two boat haulers are also needed. Home every other night. For more information call (618)-988-1621
Tri-County Special Education Joint Agreement is accepting applications for a Technology & Data Assessment Coordinator for the 2021-22 school year. It is a 12-month position, 7.5 hours/day. The deadline to apply is April 23.
Qualifications: Associate’s Degree in a technology or related field required, Bachelor's Degree preferred. Software proficiency working with G-Suite, Google Apps for Education, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel including Pivot Tables), Web 2.0 and Social Media Tools (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.), and image/video editing tools Database experience (i.e. setting up and supporting databases, coding templates, retrieving data, etc.). Technology experience in an educational environment preferred. Experience leading technology teams preferred.
To apply send a Letter of Interest, Current Resume, and Application to:
Tri-County Special Education
Attn: Shelby Bremer
1335 N Cedar Court
Carbondale, IL 62901
Vernell’s Interstate Service is hiring for two positions, a Service Technician and a Heavy Duty Wrecker Operator.
Applicants for Heavy Duty Wrecker Operator must:
• Possess an Illinois Class A CDL
• Have experience driving a manual transmission
• Have general automotive repair skills including, but not limited to, lights, tires, and brakes
• Be familiar with commercial vehicles
• Maintain CDL certification to operate company-owned equipment used in towing, recovery, and repair operations
• Maintain a clean work area and keep vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment in good condition
• Complete all reports in a timely manner
Specialized towing and recovery training is provided, but knowledge of the recovery process is preferred. This is a full-time position with on-call nights and weekends. Applicants must also have a clean driving record, be able to lift up to 100 pounds, and pass a pre-employment drug screen. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Responsibilities of the Service Technician include:
· Performing service repairs, maintenance, and diagnostics on customer and/or company-owned vehicles and equipment.
· Performing emergency roadside assistance
· Performing tire repairs or replacements
· Performing Department of Transportation (DOT) inspections and completing all necessary paperwork
· Maintaining CDL certification to operate company-owned equipment used in towing, recovery, and repair operations
· Maintaining a clean work area and keeping vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment in good condition
· Completing all reports in a timely manner
This is a full-time position. Shifts are 12 hours, four days a week.
Applicants must have their CDL certification or obtain their CDL certification within six months of employment. Applicants must also have a clean driving record, be able to lift up to 100 pounds, and pass a pre-employment drug screen. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
If interested, in either position, submit a completed application or resume to email@example.com or drop one by Vernell’s Interstate Service at 2605 Vernell Rd. in Marion.