(WSIL) -- All Kentuckians 16 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. The Pfizer vaccine is approved for individuals 16 and older; the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are approved for individuals 18 and older.
“This means Kentucky has beaten by a full month President Joe Biden’s goal and timeline for all Americans 16 and up being able to get the vaccine. These vaccines are our ticket out of this pandemic. They are not only safe; they are saving lives," said Governor Andy Beshear.
The Governor said more than 1.438 million Kentuckians have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose so far.
To see a list of all vaccination sites that have openings this week, visit vaccinemap.ky.gov.
- Want to see how many vaccines have been administered in your county? Check out our exclusive COVID-19 Tracker.
- Are you fully vaccinated? Click here for guidance from the CDC.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Looking for local information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- Click here for News 3 WSIL's latest coronavirus coverage.