(WSIL) -- Gov. Andy Beshear said Kentucky has 499,735 Moderna and Pfizer vaccines on hand and ready to be administered, more than half the number the state would need to meet its 2.5 million Team Kentucky Vaccination Challenge.
“The way we defeat this virus is with vaccines, and I want to give you one statistic to show just how incredible they are," said Beshear.
To see a list of all vaccination sites that have openings this week, visit vaccinemap.ky.gov.
As of 4 p.m. Thursday, April 15, Gov. Beshear reported the following COVID-19 numbers:
Kentuckians vaccinated (have received at least one dose): 1,622,924*
- New cases today: 834
- New deaths today: 17
- Want to see how many vaccines have been administered in your county? Check out our exclusive COVID-19 Tracker.
- Are you fully vaccinated? Click here for guidance from the CDC.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Looking for local information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- Click here for News 3 WSIL's latest coronavirus coverage.