VIENNA (WSIL) -- Southern Seven Head Start reports that it has temporarily closed its Vienna Head Start Early Learning Center following one confirmed case of COVID-19 in the facility
The center closed for remote learning beginning Monday, April 19. Classes will resume in person on April 26.
According to Head Start officials, the closure is a precautionary measure to provide time for cleaning and disinfecting of the facility, and for health department officials to gain a better understanding of the impact to the center.
Southern Seven Health Department has already begun contact tracing to identify those who may have been exposed to the coronavirus.
- Want to see how many vaccines have been administered in your county? Check out our exclusive COVID-19 Tracker.
- Are you fully vaccinated? Click here for guidance from the CDC.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Looking for local information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- Click here for News 3 WSIL's latest coronavirus coverage.