COBDEN, Ill. (WSIL) -- Southern Seven Health Department is bringing the COVID-19 vaccine to people living in its rural communities.
This is the first week of the mobile clinic and Thursday they rolled into Alto Pass and Cobden.
The Community Outreach Coordinator for Southern Seven Health Department said they decided to hold mobile vaccine clinics for those who do not necessarily feel comfortable enough to go into a brick and mortar location.
Shawnna Rhine said on average they have vaccinated ten to fifteen people at each mobile clinics.
Recent data revealed the number of African-Americans being vaccinated is lower than their white counterpart.
"We just want to give everyone as much opportunity to have available to ask those questions, have the resources available to them so we are encouraging anyone who has any vaccine hesitancy is to get in touch with your local southern seven health department," said Rhine.
On Friday, the Southern Seven Health Department mobile clinic is providing the Moderna vaccine to residents 18-years-old and older.
You can catch the mobile clinic in Alexander County from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the East Cape Fish Market.
- Want to see how many vaccines have been administered in your county? Check out our exclusive COVID-19 Tracker.
- Are you fully vaccinated? Click here for guidance from the CDC.
- Click here for the latest information from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Looking for local information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
- Click here for News 3 WSIL's latest coronavirus coverage.